Problems encountered in the utilization of the literature review and methods to solve them
In this specific article, postgraduate pupils can learn about the issues encountered in the implementation of the literature review and techniques to solve them.
Not enough literature on the subject
Whenever searching both domestic and literature that is foreign focus on the search words utilized by you: problems with the seek out literary works can be due to the employment of incorrect terms.
For many scientific areas, domestic scientists have inked notably less research than international ones. Consequently, when you have not found domestic literary works about the subject, you are able to discover international literature. To start with, you really need to count on the Medline database.
You need to adjust the plan of the defense based on real possibilities if you still can not find literature on your topic. At exactly the same time, the existing situation must be reported into the scientific leader in a timely manner. In medical works, as an example, you’re able to publish materials on epidemiology, etiology, pathogenesis, hospital, diagnosis and treatment types of the examined illness, in addition to historic reference.
In the event that review is dedicated to the research associated with effectiveness regarding the procedure, it’s possible to outline:
- its history,
- mechanism of action,
- its application as well as its effectiveness in several industries of medicine;
- description of alternative treatments with an increased exposure of their insufficient effectiveness, complexity of application, negative effects, etc.
To be able to avoid this example, it is suggested that in the stage of assortment of literary works, select all materials which may be helpful.
Inadequate amount of the review
There are lots of how to boost the scope of this survey:
- replace the wording by entering additional expressions, sentences. Slight upsurge in amount.
- add extra things – the essential radical method. You can include not containing information that is important but big by amount of data – a historical reference, the etiology of this disease. Sometimes such information, perhaps not carrying a semantic load, is a description associated with pathogenesis of this disease.
- if the recommendations are presented in the shape of numbers – replace them by “last name + year”, while including a few names to the mention of one supply. Enables you to raise the amount to 5 pages.
Inadequate amount of resources of literature
Usually there clearly was a number that is insufficient of sources. This dilemma is resolved very easily – by looking the literary works within the electronic catalogs of this CB in addition to PubMed database.
The sum total amount of sources could be increased because of the introduction of paragraphs, containing a lot of links and background that is additional, as an example:
Many respected reports of domestic (…) and international (…) scientists have now been dedicated to the scholarly study for the dilemmas of remedy for infection X.
Existence of old sources within the review can be a negative characteristic. The search when you look at the PubMed database enables not just to find interesting all about this issue, but additionally represents the simplest means to fix the issue for the lack of recommendations in recent years.